The Vermont Consortium for Adoption and Guardianship is comprised of agencies, groups, and individuals who have joined together for a common purpose:
to support Vermont's families formed through adoption or guardianship.
The Vermont Consortium for Adoption and Guardianship recognizes that adoption and guardianship of children are lifelong processes with rewards and challenges. Therefore, we are committed to partnering with individuals, families and communities to further the knowledge and understanding of the needs of children when they are being raised by someone other than their birth parents. The Consortium strives to ensure that all people whose lives have been touched by adoption and guardianship have access to quality support services throughout Vermont.
Beliefs that guide our work:
- Every child deserves permanent family connections throughout life.
- Adoption is a desirable plan for children who need families.
- Raising a child through adoption or guardianship is a lifelong process that unfolds throughout the lives of everyone involved.
- All families formed through adoption/guardianship in Vermont should be able to access services when and where they need them.
- Building cultural connections is essential for multicultural and transracial families.